What is a Shredder?
Durham Shredders is a not for profit youth MTB cycling program in Durham Region, Ontario. Offering a learn to ride, learn to race, and a competitive XC race program for boys & girls ages 5 to 17!
Mountain Bike X-Country Cycling is an ideal outdoor physical activity that combines the best of individual and team sport values, offering both physical and mental challenges in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Durham Shredders is:
- A not for profit Mountain Bike X Country Cycling club for kids!
- Suitable for all levels of riders from beginner to competitive.
- Coached by avid cyclists with a wide range of experience, certifications & abilities.
- Flexible! Three 6-Week sessions are available.
- Focused on fun, fitness & skills development.
Kids will be grouped with their peers (by age category and/or ability level) and led by club coaches and volunteers.
A typical evening will begin by introducing a particular skill (braking, climbing and descending hills, jumping over obstacles, etc.). We will then spend some time practicing that particular skill before dividing up into smaller groups (based on ability) and heading off on various trails for a group ride.